Monday, March 28, 2011

Aduki Bean and Yam Hash

Good Afternoon.

Sorry for not keeping up with this as well as I had planned.  I have not been feeling well for the past two months.  Intestinal problems.  You name it, I've probably had it.  The other day I was so swollen that I looked pregnant.  I wish I had taken a picture.  And for those of you who have intestinal issues know how tired it can make you.  Needless to say, I have cancelled my marathon because I am too tired to run.  I still plan on running the 1/2 in Eugene and will run the 1/2 in San Francisco.

But, on a positive note, I have fallen in love with HASH!  I don't know why I haven't discovered hash before now.  It is just the way I like my food-all thrown together, flavors and textures intermingling.  This one is quick and easy and really satisfying.  I love the cumin and oregano together, two flavors I had never thought of putting together.

I hope you all enjoy this as much as I have.

Aduki Bean and Yam Hash
Courtesy: http://www.nourishingmeals.com/  


2 Tablespoons Olive oil
1 Medium onion, diced
3 Large cloves garlic, minced (I added this in!)
2 Medium yams, peeled and diced small
2 Teaspoons dried Thyme
1/2 to 1 Teaspoon cumin
2 Cups cooked aduki beans
5 Collard greens, chopped (I used the whole bunch)
Herbamare and black pepper to taste

In a large skillet over medium heat, add olive oil and onions.  Sautee until onions start to soften.

Add yams, cumin, thyme and garlic.  Sautee a few minutes uncovered and then cover and cook for 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally.

Add aduki beans and collard greens.  Sautee until collards are tender.  Season with Herbamare and pepper.

Eat by itself or put on top of quinoa or brown rice!

No comments:

Post a Comment