Monday, November 8, 2010

Peanut Butter Balls

Good Late Evening Everyone!


I literally just finished making these lovely little treats.  I know, I know, I shouldn't be up until nearly midnight cooking, but I just could not help it.


This recipe comes out of Terry Walters' new book, "Clean Start."  Once again, I love her and I love her book.  Out of the 5-6 recipes I have already made out of this book there is not one that I don't like.  They all make me feel so good after eating.  So, these might not be your Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, they aren't as overpoweringly sweet, but they are delectable.  Made with minimal ingredients, only 4, it is quick and easy to make.  


Eet Smaakelijk!




Peanut Butter Balls
Courtesy: "Clean Start"


1 Cup natural peanut butter
1/2 Cup maple syrup
1/2 Cup rice cereal, plus more if needed
2 Cups gluten- and dairy-free chocolate chips or 12 ounces dark chocolate


Place peanut butter and maple syrup in food processor and pulse to combine.  Fold in crispy rice cereal.  If your peanut butter is particularly runny, add more cereal until mixture holds together in balls.  Form penny-size balls and place on parchment-lined cookie sheet.


Melt chocolate chips or chocolate in double boiler or in small pot over very low heat.  Drop 3-4 balls at a time into chocolate and roll them around until covered completely.  With a teaspoon, scoop out each ball individually, holding it against the side of the bowl to allow excess chocolate to drip off.  Place each chocolate-covered ball back on lined cookie sheet.  Repeat until all balls are coated and refrigerate until firm (at least 1 hour).  Serve cold or room temperature.


Makes: 30 balls.









No comments:

Post a Comment