Monday, November 22, 2010

Teff Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies

Sorry it has been awhile since I have written.  I lost internet connection and have not had the chance to post anything.  But I have been doing a lot of cooking in the mean time.  


Last night I made delicious peanut butter cookies.  Super easy with just 6 ingredients and super yummy...I have only a few left.  That is the problem with healthy cookies, you feel like you can eat the whole batch.  I am still learning how to eat just one cookie...I have never been able to do it!


Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
Courtesy: "Clean Food"


1 1/2 Cups teff flour
1/4 Teaspoon sea salt
1 Teaspoon baking soda
1 Cup chunky 100% peanut butter
1 Cup maple syrup
1/2 Cup semisweet dark chocolate chips


Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.


Combine all dry ingredients in one bowl and all wet ingredients in another.  Pour wet ingredients over dry and blend until just combined-do not overmix.  Fold in chocolate chips.




Line cookie sheet with parchment paper.  Drop batter by heaping teaspoons onto cookie sheet.  Leave cookies free-form or press down in crisscross pattern with tines of fork.  Place in oven and bake 13 minutes or until lightly browned.  The key to these cookies is not to overbake them!  Remove from oven and place directly on wire rack to cool.





1 comment:

  1. MMMMMMMM,...I have made a batch of these tasty cookies & I loved them so much!

    I also love to use teff flour a lot! Greets, from a recent gf foodie from Brussels, Belgium! :)

    ReplyDelete