Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Tofu Love

Hello, Hello...


I love how often I feel like I should post recipes.  For me, that means that I am making new and delicious food that I want to share with everyone else.  Sometimes I have to stop myself from blogging once a day.  But, that means lovely, healthy food for all of you!


Once again, Terry Walters is a genius.  I have been trying out so many of her new recipes and I am blown away each time.  Last night I made her ginger lime tofu with quinoa and kale with leeks.  I posted the kale recipe earlier this month.  This tofu is phenomenal - I can't say enough about it.  Just try it.

Pan-Seared Tofu with Ginger Lime Glaze
Courtesy: "Clean Start"


1 Pound fresh, firm tofu (not silken), drained
2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 Tablespoon grated fresh ginger
2 Tablespoons tamari
2 Tablespoons lime juice
2 Tablespoons maple syrup


Slice tofu into filets or cubes as desired.  Heat saute pan over medium heat.  Add olive oil and ginger and saute 1 minute.  In small bowl, whisk together tamari, lime juice and maple syrup.  Place tofu in skillet and add tamari mixture.  Saute tofu 3-4 minutes on each side.  If pan gets dry, deglaze by adding 2 tablespoons water and continue sauteing until both sides of tofu are browned and firm.  For a thicker glazed finish, deglaze pan with second mixture of oil, ginger, tamari, lime juice and maple syrup.  Remove from heat and serve.


Serves 3


LEKKER!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment